Students who complete financial aid are twice as likely to attend college. Across Pierce County, we’ve committed to increasing our Financial Aid Completion by 5% this year and Puget Sound College and Career Network (PSCCN) is providing regional support to school districts and community based organization on this effort.
At PSCCN, we are committed to removing barriers so all students including first generation, low income, and students of color in Puget Sound have the opportunity to access and obtain postsecondary credentials. In 2016-17, we are partnering with organizations and leaders to ensure that you have access to the most current relevant resources to support undocumented students. Recently, we trained 60 participants across King and Pierce County, and our upcoming training is full. In the coming months, we will determine key opportunities to best support undocumented students in their pursuit of postsecondary education- please connect with us if you are interested in being involved. Resources for Supporting Undocumented Students
- 2015 IRS tax returns and W-2 statements
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or alien registration card
- Untaxed income records for the previous year, such as Social Security benefits, temporary assistance to needy families, welfare, or Veteran’s benefits
- Most recent bank statement.
- Visit FAFSA.gov and click on “Start A New FAFSA”
- Provide your basic personal information
- List colleges and/or career schools
- Determine your dependency status
- Provide parents’ information
- Provide financial information
- Sign and submit the FAFSA!
- The information is shared with the schools you listed on the application
- You can check the status of your FAFSA immediately after submitting
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), which summarizes the FAFSA data you submitted
- Your school will calculate your aid and send you an aid offer
- You can decide what aid you want before accepting the aid offer
- Your school’s financial aid office will give you your options for how your aid will be paid out