- This event has passed.
Increasing Equity through Multiple Measures: Cross-Sector Goal Setting Workshop
November 5 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Join college and K-12 district leadership from across the Puget Sound to learn how local practitioners are working to ensure that students are accurately placed in college courses, reducing the need for remedial education, and increasing equitable outcomes for students. Learn from the latest local and national research. Share your practices, tools, and challenges. Strategize with K-12 and postsecondary leaders regarding possible improvements to our local practices and set goals for next steps. Light snacks provided.
Who should attend: This workshop is designed to support planning conversations between K-12 districts and their peers in the community and technical college system. We strongly encourage K-12 districts and colleges to register together for this workshop in team of 3-5 participants. As an example, leaders from Federal Way Public Schools, are strongly encouraged to register with colleagues at Highline College as a team because many graduates of Federal Way Public Schools enroll directly in Highline College. The meeting is designed specifically for district and college administrators rather than school site leadership, but participants should determine attendees based on individual circumstances. An ideal team might include:
- One or more representative from the K-12 district central office who works on college and career readiness and related policies,
- One or more representative from the community/technical college who works on assessment and placement, developmental education and related policies
In the spirit of user centered design, teams may also consider including one or more representative who works directly with students at the high school (e.g., principal, teacher or college counselor) or community college (e.g., advisor, faculty member) and/or a student who recently transitioned from the K-12 district into a local community or technical college. Inclusion of these individuals is not required.
A portion of the meeting will feature work in “feeder pattern” groups based on trends in student enrollment. Suggested groups are as follows:
- Highline College, Federal Way Public Schools, Highline Public Schools
- Green River College, Auburn School District, Kent School District
- Seattle Colleges, Seattle Public Schools
- Bellevue College, Renton Technical College, Renton School District
If you need assistance finding colleagues to form a team, please contact email@example.com.