Online Courses for College and Career Readiness
July 10 @ 8:00 am
Puget Sound College & Career Network is facilitating online courses to support educators in deepening their understanding and practice around college and career readiness. Using content from Southern Regional Education Board’s Go Alliance Academy, these courses use national research-based content and are facilitated by regional leaders in college and career readiness. Topics prioritized by educators in our region include:
- Building a College-Going Culture for All Students
- College and Career Advising for Special Populations
- College, Career and Academic Planning
Selection: Courses are limited to 20 participants. Courses are open to school counselors, college and career specialists, administrators, teachers, and community-based professionals who support students in navigating college and career options. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria.
- Research-based national resources
- As part of the cohort, one can share their best practices and learn from other educators in the area
- All selected participants receive a $150 scholarship towards course tuition, allowing participants to access this content at no cost.
- Participants who complete the course will also receive a $200 stipend.
- Optional clock hours, credit from Seattle University, and/or CEU credit are available (nominal fees to be covered by participant).
Priority for participation:
- Teams of 3-4 from a school and/or district
- Works directly with first generation, low income, and students of color
- Participants who can commit to consistent participation and completion of the module